Thursday, September 9, 2010

Introductions

      Going into this school year I was relatively excited; hoping it would be a bit better than (seemingly unending) last year. This was for a number of reasons. First I wouldn't be a freshman anymore, meaning I knew a lot more people, and I knew my way around. Also, I had more of a say in my classes, so there would be more things that I'm interested in. One big thing I wasn't looking forward to this year was all the homework, and at the very bottom of the list of all the time-consuming assignments would be writing. I've never considered myself a good writer, and even when something comes out fine, it probably took me hours and hours sitting at the computer (or at least longer than it should). Even though I sometimes loathe writing, I know that it is an important skill and I would like to get better at it.
      Some things I do enjoy are bike riding, martial arts, traveling, and history. I also like trying new things, whether its a new food, place, activity, or type of music. How these interests can all come together would be traveling to another city or country, learning about its history, going for a bike ride there, eating local foods, and doing things that might be touristy, or something the locals would do. This curiosity can also apply right here in Chicago. I like seeing new parts of our diverse city, and learning the history of my neighborhood and others, understanding how they got to be that way.
      For whatever reason, my personality doesn't reflect that more adventurous side of me very much. I tend to be quiet and keep to myself, though less with my friends. I like to think of myself as a generous person, whether its volunteering at the food pantry, or just doing somebody a favor. All these characteristics describe who I am and thank you for reading about me!

1 comment: